The first song I can remember singing..about heaven...

I was probably 11 or 12 years old...I sang this great Dottie Rambo classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMC03-Bo4A
"I see loved ones over yonder
Tears are gone, their hearts are free
And from the Throne, the Savior beckons
and the hills of home keep calling me..."

Like so many of you, I have great investments in that wonderful City Whose Builder and Maker is God. "And I'll take my flight like the mighty eagle, when the hills of home start calling me."

Dottie Rambo took that one-way trip on Mother's Day, 2008. She was on her bus, on the way to a concert in Texas, and the Lord decided that she need to "take a flight" instead...

The longer I live here on this earth, the more my heart yearns to city the New Jerusalem. That City not made with hands...where God's Lamb is the Light...

No comments: