This song makes me give thanks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq6OOXizSXY

The late (and certainly great) Ira Forest Stanphill gave birth to many wonderful, wonderful songs--now standards in congregations around the world. Not only was he a gifted troubador, but also a pastor of many years in the Assemblies of God.

Some of these words bring tears to my eyes, and rejoicing to my heart:

"He washed my eyes with tears
that I might see
the broken heart I had
was good for me..."

Scripture reminds us that God is indeed "near to the broken-hearted." He is a friend of the broken-heart.

I am continually reminded that my "eyes" need to be washed with tears on a regular basis. Only then can I see the love and face of Christ clearly...as He means for me to see it.

1 comment:

Jackie David Johns said...

Thanks Phil! What a wonderful song.