Something to Think About...

I wrote, a few days ago, about my now-in-heaven friend Sara Western.

I went to the memorial service for her yesterday afternoon at Park Community Church here in Chicago.

It was a glorious celebration. I heard something there that has stuck with me:

"Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin."

And that is so very, very true. Sara's life here on earth was "full"--according to all of our finite, fallible, disposable definitions of what "full" means.

But as Pastor Ray Carter so ably said, "She's really alive now."

Heaven is so much sweeter because Sara is there!

You can visit her website:

www.sarawestern.com

1 comment:

Kevin Bussey said...

I've done quite a few funerals lately. It is tough to say goodbye to someone who is Godly eventhough we know they are in a better place.