Great, Great Words...

Forever King!
You're ev'rything My heart has need to know!
My first, my last, my future, my past,
The strength of all my hopes!
You're the Rock of all the ages,
Eternal timeless Savior
Forever King,
You're ev'rything forever!

Before the kingdom, You were the King
And when there was nothing
You were everything!
Before foundations stood,
Before evil, before good,
You were forever!

Before the night, before the day
Before the man was formed from clay
Before life, before death
Before the first breath,
You were forever!

After the stars desert the sky,
After the rivers all run dry
When the earth is no more
And the heavens roar
You'll be forever!

Then we'll gather around Your throne,
Of ev'ry nation all Your own
And in one accord
We'll praise You Lord
You are forever!

Author: Eddie Carswell Copyright: 1986 Songs Of Promise (a div. of EMI Christian Music Publishing) Lowery Music Company, Inc.

I first heard this song about 19 years ago when I was stationed in the Denver area, and worshipped with the great congregation of Denver First Church of the Nazarene. The wonderful in-residence men's trio (Brotherhood) sang this song one Sunday evening, and the power of the Holy Spirit moved marvelously in that church facility. The altars filled up with people seeking the Lord and surrendering everything to Him. These words have filled my mind for a very long time now, and I wanted to share them with my "Something to Consider" readers.

No comments: