When I'm RIGHT, I'm right!

I honestly and sincerely do not want to sound like an egotistical bragadocio in this post.

Really, really I don't.

But I recently read something in Robin McGraw's (Dr Phil's lovely wife) new book, that hit a chord with me. She has a chapter entitled, "When I'm right, I am right..." And while it was funny, inspiring, and informative, it caused me to think.

It made me think about the time more than two years ago when I posted the reasons that I would not vote for "Bush-Cheney 04"--and now, if I'm not mistaken, all of my reasons have been proven true.

Robin's writing made me think about a couple of relationships that have exploded in my face--because I dared to stand up for the truth, and not back down. These explosions have been painful, but now I find out that the stands I took were correct. Time has proven this to be so.

I'm the first one to admit that I do not like a "Know-it-all" person--who can never admit their mistakes, misjudgments, or misgivings. And the reason I don't like them, is because I used to be one of those kinds of people.

My friend Kevin Bussey over at "Confessions of a Recovering Pharisee" http://kevinbussey.wordpress.com/ has a fascinating personal account of how the Lord is continually delivering him from some inbred Pharisaism. And if we are really honest about the situations in our life, most of us have strong propensities toward being first-class Pharisees.

But, again, let me say this--as modestly and as humbly as I know how: When I'm right, I am right...

Thanks Robin, for reminding me.

1 comment:

Kevin Bussey said...

You are right! ;)