"Big Russ and Me"

I know that I've mentioned Tim Russert's (of MEET THE PRESS fame) book about his life and how his father has played an unequivocal role in it. The book is entitled Big Russ and Me.

I read this book a couple of weeks ago, and have gone back started re-reading it. This is a wonderfully warm, and humorous book about Russert's development and formation into the great man that he is today.

And it all started in Buffalo, New York.

I've always enjoyed watching "Meet The Press"--when I have the opportunity to tune in. Here in Chicago, it comes on at 10 a.m. on Sunday morning, and I'm almost always in Sunday Morning worship at that hour.

But I do love "Meet the Press."

Big Russ and Me masterfully weaves the fabric of a city's kid's life, showing the grace and power of "doing right"--and realizing the worth of life, and the blessings of God therein.

It's a great read.

No comments: