What Jesus really said....

I can remember reading these important statements from Jesus Christ, our Lord (but then again, EVERYTHING He said is important, since I am one of His followers):

"I am the Good Shepherd"

He never said "I am the great leader." Nor did he say "I am the good administrator"--He said "I am the Great Shepherd"--He was willing to give His life for all His sheep. And he did just that. He didn't have to go through three committees, or have a church business conference on whether he would give His life for His sheep. And He certainly didn't have to read alot of "leadership" materials, or go to eternally endless seminars on what it means to "be a leader."

"No man comes to the Father except by Me."

In this day of "multiculturalism" and "religious" pluralism, this particularly proclamation by Jesus Christ is crucially important. There is no other way to God except through His Son.



No comments: