James C Pearson Sr, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

One of the truly great men in my life turns 77 years old today: Mr James C Pearson, Sr of Huntsville, Alabama!

There are so many great things about this fine, Christian gentleman--and I could fill up "cyber space" just attempting to list them all.

He has a great sense of humor. He has a generous and gracious heart with those around him.

One thing that I always remember about this good man:

I was in a high school physics class (many years ago now) and just couldn't understand some of the "math" involved. I called his son (Jim--whose birthday was yesterday by the way), and was asking for help with some of this "crazy stuff." Jim wasn't in at the time (this was LONG before cell phones had made their advent), so Mr Pearson volunteered to help me.

I was so confused and upset about all this math, that I was almost in tears. And it was FRACTIONS at that! Hated fractions then, and hate them now.

Some things never change.

Mr Pearson was good enough to explain how to invert fractions and multiply, or something to that effect. I will always remember his kindness in that regard.

There are SO many other things that I could say about him.

What a great father, grandfather, father-in-law, husband, and everything else he is. He has a brilliant and sharp mind--wish mine were that good at my current age!

But I'll suffice it to say:

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phil,
You can get me kicked off acts but you cant hide. You still have to anwser to everyone how can you respect Bill Clinton and Justice OConnor when they have killed million of babies in amercia though supporting abortion. Do you think God respect these people?