Peggy Wynn: Please pray for this precious saint of God!

I first met Bishop Ray C Wynn, and his wonderful wife Peggy almost thirty years ago. He was the General Superintendent of the Bible Training Institute of the Church of God of Prophecy International Offices in Cleveland, TN.

I fell in love with the Wynns from the very beginning. There are no finer people on the planet than Ray and Peggy Wynn.

Sister Peggy is now in the Intensive Care Unit of the local hospital in Cleveland, Tennessee. She is not expected to live very much longer.

My eyes are full of tears as I type this, because I loved them so very deeply.

The last time I saw Sister Wynn was three years ago this weekend. She was using a walker due to some severe pain in her legs and back. And it broke my heart then.

I served on active duty in the United States Air Force for ten years. Without fail, every year for Christmas I would receive a wonderful greeting card from the Wynns. And without fail, every year I would receive a card--and usually a small gift--for my birthday..again from the Wynns. She would always say, "We miss you, we love you, please hurry to see us soon. Love, Ray and Peggy"

How I treasured those precious, precious reminders of people who love so unconditionally.

When I returned to Cleveland TN to go to seminary, it was Ray and Peggy Wynn who came to see me in my new "digs" to make sure that I had everything I needed. When they found out that I didn't have a suitable bed, they loaned me one of their cots--and I'm so grateful.

In 1997, Brother Wynn called and said that he needed to come see me.....what I didn't realize was that Sister Peggy had made me a special birthday cake. She made me a special cake in 1998, 1999, and again in 2000.

My heart is breaking right now, thinking that this precious, wonderful saint of God will go on to glory, and that I'll have to wait to talk with her again.

About three months ago, on a Sunday night, I made a list of people whom I've loved and adored over the years. The Wynns were very near the top of the list. I called these people and told them how much I love them...how much they have graced and blest my life, and what a treasure they are to me. Now, I only wish that I could call Peggy Wynn one more time.

Please pray for Peggy and Ray Wynn.

No comments: