Seven years ago today: August 27, 2000

I left very familiar surroundings in Cleveland, TN to move to the "Windy City." Chicago was calling me, and specifically friends who were living here, involved in a wonderful ministry in this city.

God has been good to me. I've learned so much about Him, about life in general, about His Church, and about myself.

I remember standing in the Nashville Airport that early Sunday afternoon, and wiping tears from my eyes as I said "goodbye" to one of the dearest friends I've ever had: Kevin Moses. That was a time that I will never forget. Kevin was the face of Jesus to me on so many, many occasions.

He and I are still very close, and I considered him to be one of the finest men on earth.

There have been lots of "bumps" along the way in the last seven years, but God has been good, and I've seen His hand in alot of things in this journey thus far.

No comments: