Concealed.....and Revealed

Some of the very sobering words of Jesus Christ (that I had not thought about for a while) came to mind very recently to me:

He began to say to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops. (Luke 12: 1-3)

It's amazing the things that God can bring to light if and when we wait on Him. Very recently a friend of mind said that a group of people (where they are tightly connected) was praying for things that are "concealed to be revealed..." Quite a prayer...and a dangerous one at that!

Almost immediately God started working...exposing, revealing...bringing things to light. This has been particularly hard on my friend, since they are in a position of heavy responsibility--and they want to "get it right the first time." ( I am intentionally avoiding gender-specific pronouns, so as to not shame anyone, nor cause anyone to "wonder who that was....")

I remember praying, not too long ago, about this situation...and the Lord just wouldn't "let me go" until I had prayed some more...and some more...and some more. I finally sensed from the Holy Spirit that "things were not as they were reported to me."

I'm troubled by the "report(er)" and also troubled that deception was used. But just as the Scriptures warn us, "there is nothing covered that will not be revealed."

Now I must ask myself some very searching, convicting, and troubling questions: "What am I covering, and why am I covering it?" "What will happen if this is ever revealed?" "Can I trust God to forgive me, heal me, cleanse me, and protect me?"

I remember something my pastor said years before I was ever one of his parishioners:

"You can control the actions leading to sin, but you cannot control the consequences of your sin."

There is a definite reason the Apostle James tells us to "confess our sins to one another..."

Right now it may be concealed...but it will be revealed.

1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Great thoughts Phil! I also totally agree with what you pastor said.