So what do we do?

I've been researching all kinds of things trying to help my friend who has recently been dismissed from his ministry postion because of drug addiction (among other things). The unfortunate thing, I'm not sure this friend of more than 35 years really wants anyone to help him....

While I realize that God never designated me the "general manager of the Universe" my heart is truly in pain over this man who has "lost his way"--whom the Devil has deceived, and who is basically participating in the destruction of his own life. He is in such "denial" that I'm not sure he will ever admit he needs help.

That makes me even sadder. This friend was once a powerful preacher, a wonderful musician, and a winsome personality. Now, I just don't know...

How far to the "bottom" will he have to sink before he looks up and let's someone (including God) help him?

Please pray for him. God knows who he is....

1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Breaks my heart to read of something like this Phil. For you. For your friend. I will commit to praying for him and would appreciate any updates. From the outside it sounds to me like he has a pride issue, i.e. "it won't happen to me" and now that it has happened "I don't have a problem." I truly hope he comes to understand the depth of God's love and yours. Bless you my blogging friend.