10 Years Ago

Actually ten years ago on Monday (two days ago), I left a world that I loved, and benefited from to re-enter a world that I would again learn to love and from which I would grow, benefit, and deepen.

I left the United States Air Force on August 20, 1996, and returned to Cleveland, TN--where I had left some ten years earlier to enter the military.

I was very fortunate to have traveled in 34 countries on 4 continents and served in many capacities. I was stationed at:

Lackland AFB, Texas
Presidio Of Monterey, California
Lowery AFB, Colorado
Beale AFB, California
Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
AFNORTH (Allied Forces Northern Europe), Oslo Norway
Reese AFB, Texas.

I met some wonderful people in every place. These great and gracious folk loved me, cared for me, and was the face of Christ to me in ways that thousands of words cannot explain.

In every place I found a loving church family--and many who would take me in as "family."

Since that time, I have returned to Cleveland to work on the seminary degree. I have moved to Chicago--six years ago this week--and now I am engaged in productive, fulfilling work.

It's been a great ten years.

No comments: