Simplify and Return...

For those of you who have been frequenting my little place here in the "blogosphere" you will know that I became a home owner last summer. It was quite an ordeal. This is the first time I've ever bought a home, and I felt that I had accomplished "something" as an adult.

It's a two-bedroom condominium, new rehab, and it's nice. I've enjoyed just about every minute that I've lived there.

But as I awoke this morning, I sense the Holy Spirit of God speaking to my soul, and telling me to get ready to "simplify." I want to "return" to the time when I lived far more simply and wasn't so much in bondage to "things."

Quite honestly, I feel "in over my head" financially. I can afford the mortgage payments. But what I can't afford is to be a generous with others, and giving to the work of the Lord.

Being able to give to God's purposes, in my opinion, is far more important than owning my own home. I want to be able to not only tithe, but to give beyond the tithe--since it all belongs to God anyway.

So please help me pray for God's wisdom and direction, as I prepare to sell this place for which I now owe a considerable amount of money.

I want the financial freedom to give more generously than I've ever given before. I simply cannot do that with all the expenses that go with owning a condominium--even though it's a modest one.

God knows my heart. I need to know it too.

1 comment:

Kevin Bussey said...

I'm with you here. But I've got to have a house and car. We have only a house payment and 1 car payment. No credit card bills or anything else. But I wish I had no bills.